- Damon Rouse, MPT, Director, Physical Therapist, Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
Hi I’m Damon, the founder & director of Asheville Family Fitness & Physical Therapy. I graduated from the (previously Masters) PT program at Western Carolina University in 2001 and in 2008 was board certified as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist by the American Physical Therapy Association. Our 1-of-a-kind fitness & aquatics facility was born in late 2012 to provide an inspiring & fun rehabilitation, fitness, and lifelong wellness experience to the West Asheville & Leicester communities. After taking a year-long ‘sabbatical’ and living in the coastal city of Gijon in northern Spain with my family, I now call Yancey county home, where I enjoy being immersed in the beautiful South Toe river valley with my daughter Alma, son Oscar, & wife Molly.
- Jessan Hager, MPT, Staff Physical Therapist
- I specialize in head, neck, jaw, and other sources of facial pain. In previous incarnations as a garage-door guy and web designer/usability guy, I gained an acumen for problem-solving and listening to all kinds of folks. And through traveling the globe via plane, train, bus, boat, etc., I gained even further perspective into what it means to be a human walking this planet. These days a beautiful wife, two little ones, two furry canines and a satisfying career have me at home a lot more. I enjoy gardening, cooking, live music, and the occasional camping and fishing trip.
- Lauren Hubbard, DPT, CSCS, RY-200 Staff Physical Therapist
- I am a Durham native, Duke Basketball Fanatic, and graduate from Duke University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program. I have a background in Exercise and Sport Science from UNC Chapel Hill, working as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor prior to attending graduate school. While I am passionate about the health of the physical body, I also know this is highly influenced by our mental and emotional well-being. It is with this realization that I began to incorporate my love for yoga with my knowledge of biomechanics and human movement. I completed my 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training at Asheville Yoga Center. I am excited to bring a holistic perspective to physical therapy.
- Marc Modica, DPT, Rehab Manager, Senior Physical Therapist I am the Rehab Manager and resident “foot guy” at Asheville Family Fitness. Originally a 1992 Physical Therapy graduate of The University of Buffalo, I completed my Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2008. I’m also a certified provider of Trigger Point Dry Needling. I have worked extensively with all types of clients, using an approach that supports the whole person in attaining optimal health and wellness. Outside of work I enjoy hiking, biking, cooking, hunting, woodworking, and gardening.
- Chris Power, DPT, CSCS, Staff Physical Therapist, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist I earned my BS in Exercise Science from the University of North Florida in 2011. While there, I became a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and worked in sports performance with NFL athletes during the lockout season. I earned my Doctorate in Physical Therapy at the University of St. Augustine in 2015, specializing in manual therapy and orthopedics. I’m a cancer survivor, avid outdoorsman, and Land Rover enthusiast. When not at work I can be found hiking with my dogs Huck and Scout, or riding horses at the farm with my wife Lauren. I’m a proud Jacksonville Jaguars fan and a member of the US Soccer supporters known as the American Outlaws.
- Andrew Roth, PTA, Staff Physical Therapist Assistant
I work with our excellent Physical Therapists (PT) to complete each patients’ individual plan of care. I do this on “land” through a combination of therapeutic exercises, manual therapies, and different modalities. I also treat a variety of patients in our Endless Current aquatics system, using both exercise and manual therapy. My special training includes a technique called Bad Ragaz, pictured. I love this work – helping people reach higher function and a better life!
- Staton Youngblood, Clinic Coordinator
If life is made of moments, I’ve done my best to fill mine with ones worth remembering. Focused on connection and being a lifetime student, I have spent time as a substance abuse and lifeline counselor for at-risk youth while pursuing my education covering social/bio-psychology and healthcare administration. I am driven by the subtle notes in between life’s chaos and find my joy in music – particularly singing, with NYC as my home away from home. I am beyond blessed to enjoy the privilege of helping to lead this remarkable and compassionate team of healers.