- Damon Rouse, MPT, OCS, Director, Physical Therapist, Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
Hi I’m Damon, the founder & director of Asheville Family Fitness & Physical Therapy. I graduated from the (previously Masters) PT program at Western Carolina University in 2001 and in 2008 was board certified as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist by the American Physical Therapy Association. Originally Physical Therapy of Leicester, our fitness & aquatics facility was born in late 2012 to provide a holistic fitness, rehabilitation, and lifelong wellness experience to the West Asheville & Leicester communities. When I’m not juggling cats at work, I enjoy spending time playing with my daughter Alma Rosalee, son Oscar, & wife Molly.
- Jessan Hager, MPT, Staff Physical Therapist
- I specialize in head, neck, jaw, and other sources of facial pain. In previous incarnations as a garage-door guy and Web designer/usability guy, I gained an acumen for problem-solving and listening to all kinds of folks. And through traveling the globe via plane, train, bus, boat, etc., I gained even further perspective into what it means to be a human walking this planet. These days, a beautiful wife, two little ones, two furry canines and a satisfying career have me at home a lot more. I enjoy gardening, cooking, live music and the occasional camping and fishing trip.
- Marc Modica, DPT, Rehab Manager, Senior Physical TherapistI am the Rehab Manager and resident “foot guy” at Asheville Family Fitness. Originally a 1992 Physical Therapy graduate of The University of Buffalo, I completed my Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2008. I’m also a certified provider of Trigger Point Dry Needling. I have worked extensively with all types of clients, using an approach that supports the whole person in attaining optimal health and wellness. Outside of work I enjoy hiking, biking, cooking, hunting, woodworking and gardening.
- Marina Mon, DPT, OCS, Staff Physical Therapist, Orthopedic Clinical SpecialistI graduated from the University of New England in Portland, Maine in 2010 with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. For several years, I worked as a traveling physical therapist, gaining experience in a variety of clinical settings in several states in the Western US. In 2015, I completed an orthopedic manual therapy residency program at The Ola Grimsby Institute. In 2016, I became board certified as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist. After 5 years of living and working in Alaska, I’m excited to have made the move South to now make Asheville my home. I look forward to exploring the Western NC mountains with my husband and our son.
- Chris Power, DPT, CSCS, Staff Physical Therapist, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL in 2011. During my time there I became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and began working in sports performance, highlighted by work with NFL athletes during the lockout season. I earned my Doctorate in Physical Therapy at the University of St. Augustine in 2015, where I specialized in manual therapy and orthopedics.
I am a cancer survivor, avid outdoorsman, and Land Rover enthusiast. When I’m not at work I can be found hiking with my two dogs, Huck and Scout, or at the farm with my wife Lauren riding our two horses. I’m a proud Jacksonville Jaguars fan and a member of the US Soccer supporters known as the American Outlaws.
- Andrew Roth, PTA, Staff Physical Therapist Assistant
I work with our excellent Physical Therapists (PT) to complete the plan of care. I do this on “land” through Therapeutic Exercise, Manual Therapy and many different modalities. I also treat a variety of patients in the water, using both exercise and Manual Therapy. I have also been trained in Bad Ragaz, which is the technique pictured here. I love to work in this way and look forward to working with you.
- Lisa Rose, BFA, Clinic Coordinator
I’ve been traveling on a winding road that has taken me from a career in visual arts to teaching young children knitting and crocheting, to graphic design, to my current position as head paperwork tamer. I am very interested in exercise and healing and love working with this great group of people in a place where that is happening every day.