AFFPT patients, members, & clients:
As of July 1, the official recommendations to minimize the spreading of COVID-19 have not changed. Recommendations are the following:
- Stay home & self-quarantine if you are sick or think you’ve potentially been exposed.
- DO NOT COME OUT INTO COMMUNITY if you have recently traveled somewhere with a Level 3 Travel Health Notice
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds
- Wear a mask whenever outside of your home or in contact with others
- Do not touch your face
- Disinfect surfaces regularly
- Cough/sneeze into your bent elbow or a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately
- Practice social distancing, especially if you are part of the higher-risk population (older adults OR people who have serious chronic medical conditions like: heart disease, diabetes, obesity, lung disease)
Here’s what WE are currently doing to protect our community:
- Signs posted at entry asking any symptomatic or potentially infected individuals to refrain from entering, requiring frequent hand-washing, & masking of ALL individuals entering.
- Verbally screening ALL Physical Therapy patients as well as fitness & wellness clients (return & new) for risk of exposure
- Limiting the number of people inside the building at any one time, and ensuring they are spread out within the facility.
- Mandatory mask-wearing by all employees, requested mask-wearing (we provide if necessary) by all patients & clients.
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces throughout the day
- Making additional cleaners available to staff and gym members
- Daily staff screening for even minor signs of infection, including fever, coughing, difficulty breathing OR if they think they may have potentially been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Allowing all patients to request their therapist wear gloves while treating or touching them.
- Established a reporting expectation whereby if a staff member or patron has been confirmed positive with the COVID-19 virus that they confidentially report it to our director immediately.
We will be constantly monitoring local and national updates, communicating internally, and placing the safety of our patrons & staff first & foremost in our decisions of how to act and react.